Founded 20 years ago to tackle challenges regarding food insecurity and waste, Aloha Harvest is building a less wasteful and more equitable food system by rescuing food to feed Hawaii’s hungry. Since inception, Aloha Harvest has collected and redistributed more than 22 million pounds of food that would otherwise have been discarded–helping to meet the needs of tens of thousands of people who face hunger daily. Aloha Harvest offers pick-up and delivery service year-round, 7 days a week, completely free of charge.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Aloha Harvest Board of Directors is seeking a visionary and entrepreneurial Executive Director who is passionate about food systems and economic and environmental justice to steward Aloha Harvest’s two-decade legacy and take the organization to the next level–maximizing impact of the organization’s social and environmental mission.
- Report to and partner with the Board of Directors
- Strategic planning and implementation that meets mission-based goals and objectives and addresses challenges and opportunities in the internal and external environment
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain Aloha Harvest team to manage all organization functions, and review and approve contracts for additional services needed
- Create annual operating budget and oversee all fiscal operations
- Ensure fund development activities to support all program operations
- Ensure that existing and new Aloha Harvest programs are effectively implementing mission
- Utilize systems to evaluate program progress and impact
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts
- Serve as spokesperson to Aloha Harvest constituents, the media and the general public
- Represent Aloha Harvest in coalitions, networks and alliances
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, partnering organizations, and funders
- Post-secondary degree(s), preferably in related field(s)
- At least 5-10 years experience in leadership/management roles at community-based nonprofits
- Knowledge of O‘ahu geography, food systems, social and environmental service sector, and funder environment preferred
- Past success working with a Board of Directors
- Experienced with key aspects of non-profit management, including governance, operations (fiscal, HR, risk/liability, etc), marketing and fund development, and program development and management.
- Track record of effectively recruiting, managing, and developing staff teams
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to set and achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to planning
- Commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Tech savvy and able to solve operational challenges and opportunities through technology
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Proven fundraiser. Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Solid, hands-on, fiscal management skills, including budget preparation, financial analysis, decision-making and reporting
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with candidate experience and comparable organizations in Hawai‘i. Quality benefits package includes health/dental, vacation/sick, and 401(k) retirement plan.
Submit a résumé and letter that speaks to your interest in–and ability to lead–Aloha Harvest to firstname.lastname@example.org by June, 28, 2019.
Aloha Harvest provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.